Wednesday, March 13, 2013

"spring" blouse, poetry and the scent and taste of apricot and peach tea





aren't the details on my new NOA NOA blouse pretty!? i am going to save it for my birthday celebration later this month...*smiling*...

for a long as i can remember my mother has been a coffee drinker with no interest at all for tea. but the last couple of year she has suddenly started to take interest in it and now she is almost just as addicted to her daily cup(s) of tea as i am...*smiling*.. i LOVE the fact that she drinks tea....those who know me knows how passionate i am about tea.......i could talk about (and drink) tea for hours....*laughing*...i almost have to be draged out every time when visiting my favourite tea store, le palais des thes.
earlier today my mother bought herself a tin with a delicious organic tea that i have just tasted now, it was the tea løv is beautiful. i wish i could buy this one as a scented candle too because the scent from the tea cup is heavenly!!! if i close my eyes i can almost feel the closeness of sunny and warm summerdays....so lovely...

a few days back a dear friend of mine sent me a beautiful poem by mary oliver. because i am a huge admirer of her work i have already read a lot of her poems but this one was completely new to me. no one manages to "capture" me with their words like mary oliver does!

 
SLEEPING IN THE FOREST
-by Mary Oliver

I thought the earth
remembered me, she
took me back so tenderly, arranging
her dark skirts, her pockets
full of lichens and seeds. I slept
as never before, a stone
on the riverbed, nothing
between me and the white fire of the stars
but my thoughts, and they floated
light as moths among the branches
of the perfect trees. All night
I heard the small kingdoms breathing
around me, the insects, and the birds
who do their work in the darkness.  All night
I rose and fell, as if in water, grappling
with a luminous doom.  By morning
I had vanished at least a dozen times
into something better.



No comments:

Post a Comment